Nesta secção, os profissionais de saúde e todas as pessoas interessadas no colesterol e em como o reduzir irão encontrar uma listagem de títulos de interesse para consulta.
- Davidson MH, Dugan LD, Burns JH, Bova J, Story K, Drennan KB. The hypocholesterolemic effects of beta-glucan in oatmeal and oat bran: a dose-controlled study. JAMA 1991;265:1833–9.
- Braaten JT, Wood PJ, Scott FW, Wolynetz MS, Lowe MK, Bradley- White P, Collins MW. Oat beta-glucan reduces blood cholesterol concen- tration in hypercholesterolemic subjects. Eur J Clin Nutr 1994;48:465–74.
- Davy BM, Davy KP, Ho RC, Beske SD, Davrath LR, Melby CL. High- fiber oat cereal compared with wheat cereal consumption favorably alters LDL-cholesterol subclass and particle numbers in middle-aged and older men. Am J Clin Nutr 2002;76:351–8.
- Berg A, Ko ̈nig D, Deibert P, Grathwohl D, Berg A, Baumstark MW, Franz I-W. Effect of an oat bran enriched diet on the atherogenic lipid profile in patients with an increased coronary heart disease risk: a controlled randomized lifestyle intervention study. Ann Nutr Metab 2003;47:306–11.
- Katie M Queenan, Maria L Stewart, Kristen N Smith, William Thomas, R Gary Fulcher and Joanne L Slavin .Concentrated oat β-glucan, a fermentable fiber, lowers serum cholesterol in hypercholesterolemic adults in a randomized controlled trial. Nutrition Journal 2007, 6:6 doi:10.1186/1475-2891-6-6
- EFSA Panel on Dietetic Products, Nutrition and Allergies (NDA). Scientific opinion on the substantiation of a health claim related to oat beta-glucan and lowering blood cholesterol and reduced risk of (coronary) heart disease pursuant to Article 14 of Regulation (EC) No 1924/2006. EFSA J 2010;8:1885– 1900.
- The Task Force for the Management of Dyslipidaemias of the Euro- pean Society of Cardiology (ESC) and the European Atherosclerosis Society (EAS). ESC/EAS guidelines for the management of dyslipi- daemias. Eur Heart J 2011;32:1769–818.
- Wolever TMS, Gibbs AL, Brand-Miller J, Duncan AM, Hart V, Lamarche B, Tosh SM, Duss R. Bioactive oat b-glucan reduces LDL cholesterol in Caucasians and non-Caucasians. Nutr J 2011; 10:130.
- Charlton KE, Tapsell LC, Batterham MJ, O’Shea J, Thorne R, Beck E, Tosh SM. Effect of 6 weeks’ consumption of b-glucan-rich oat prod- ucts on cholesterol levels in mildly hypercholesterolaemic overweight adults. Br J Nutr 2012;107:1037–47.
- Anne Whitehead, Eleanor J Beck, Susan Tosh, and Thomas MS Wolever . Cholesterol-lowering effects of oat b-glucan: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Am J Clin Nutr 12/2014; 100(6):1413-21 doi: 10.3945/ajcn.114.086108